The main aim of the DXPR Builder Profiles feature is to simplify the user experience for your editors.
How does this work?
- The profiles feature will check if the current user has any roles that match any profiles.
- If there is one match, that profile becomes active in the user's browser.
- If multiple profiles match, the profile with the lowest weight will be selected.
Follow the steps below to add DXPR Builder Profile to your website:
- Go to the Configuration tab.
- Click Content Authoring.
- Select DXPR Builder from the list.
- Click the User Profiles tab
- Click on the Add dxpr builder profile button to create a new profile.
- Create a label for this profile.
- Optionally, disable this profile by unchecking the Enabled checkbox.
- Optionally, prevent DXPR Builder from initializing automatically by unchecking the Start Editor When Page Loads checkbox.
- Select one or more users roles for this profile in Roles field.
- Optionally, remove elements from the DXPR Builder UI by unchecking elements in Elements* field.
- Optionally, remove Drupal blocks from the DXPR Builder UI by unchecking elements in Blocks** field.
- Optionally, remove Drupal views from the DXPR Builder UI by unchecking elements in Views** field.
- Optionally, add or remove CKEditor buttons for inline and modal editing in CKEditor fields.
- Once you’ve selected your preferred settings, you can click on Save Changes and you're done!
* Elements are removed from the element selection UI but users can still edit these elements when they exist in your content.
** When a profile is created, newly added Drupal blocks and views are not added automatically and need to be added manually.